|Mirror [#1]||autism-spectrum-disorder.pdf||33,208 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#2]||autism-spectrum-disorder.pdf||30,632 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#3]||autism-spectrum-disorder.pdf||29,606 KB/Sec|
The purpose of this course is to provide healthcare professionals with a basic understanding of the very complex, misunderstood, often puzzling, and sometimes disabling condition, enabling them to provide more thorough patient care, recognize symptomatology, and educate patients, families, teachers, and communities about autism spectrum disorder. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Define ASD, including the different types and incidence.
2. Discuss theories related to the pathophysiology of ASD.
3. Explain clinical features and diagnostic criteria of different types of ASD.
4. List examples of ASD comorbidity.
5. Discuss related medication management issues, including possible side effects/drug interactions.
6. Discuss behavior modification, management issues, and techniques for parents to implement.
7. Discuss education techniques and strategies for teachers and caregivers to implement.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.